Monday, July 10, 2023

 Latest Review of. . .

Trouble on the Smoky Hill Trail




Sometimes I am unsure of my skills as a writer, but there is no doubt in my lack of experience in writing a review, but here are a couple of thoughts on this book.
First off it completely surpassed my expectations. I’m well acquainted with Andrew’s work, but not in his skill with a western. Fast paced, but never skimping on details. And the style he chose to write this in was inspired. Since childhood I have read and reread the account of the capture and rescue of Jemima Boone (Daniel’s daughter) as well as her friends. This book reminded me greatly of that harrowing episode. At times I forgot that I was reading an oater, and found myself lost in what could easily have been the adaptation of a journal. Each emotion of the captives, the captors, and the rescuers was there for us to read and feel. I strongly commend Andrew on the attention paid to the bond between Noah, Jacob, and Sam.. this was a pleasure to read, and not only ended satisfactorily, but left the door open for adventures in the future. If you like your westerns written with detail instead of cliches, this is your kind of book. Bravo Andrew, bravo. …Jeff Crawford.

If you would like to see the review on Amazon, just follow the link:

Amazon Review

And if you'd like to read the book itself?

I'm much obliged. Just click on the cover in the side bar






No comments:

Post a Comment

  Caleb Johnson Mountain Man Snowbound I’ve really been enjoying Charles Ray’s mountain man adventures involving Caleb Johnson. There’s a re...